Labels

conocer (51) en entre (26) pix (8) cita (6) colección (3) escribir (2) fenomenon (2) song (2)

24.7.07

dos personajes

I hated the way she acted, unfamiliar to everything popular or vulgar: taking her time to use the microwave; asking about the program we were watching on TV; laughing out loud out of regular jokes as if she were listening to them for the first time; and fascinated by everything we did, with a pretended curiosity, like if she had descended from heaven itself, outer space or whatever, all pure and naive, uncontaminated. There she stood over the rest of us, with this fictional attitude made up not to fall, I believe, in the pathetism of the unexciting everyday life; the denigrating routine of desk jobs, the dehumanizating transaction of selling our time to corporate affiliation.

1 comment:

  1. "The denigrating routine of desk jobs, the dehumanizating transaction of selling our time to corporate affiliation"... OUCH!!!! That hurts! So much!! I hate it...
    The biggest reason why I am so unhappy right now (not personally, but professionally) is precisely that I have a denigrating routine of desk jobs... I'm selling my time to corporate affiliation... and I feel miserable, BIG TIME.
    But then it comes to mind... I could quit any time I want... but then comes the familiar pressure... and then everybody's disapproval... and so on... one day, not too far away, I will laugh at corporate faces... I'll be wandering around, unnoticed, like a ghost.

    ReplyDelete